I may be getting ahead of myself, but this weekend is already Memorial Day and I am so ready for summer! I am a little sad that this year is already half way over, but I am excited about the sunshine and warm nights.
My husband and I were talking about creating a real-life bucket list a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would get a little creative and create a summer edition bucket list for 2016.
We are planning a trip to Florida in July, so I feel like that is already grounds for a fantastic summer. My list may seem a little “basic” for most, but that’s okay!
Summer 2016 Bucket List:
- Go to dog beaches. We have never been to a legit dog beach, and the thought of it sort of makes me cringe because I know there will always be that one irresponsible, gross dog owner that ruins it for everyone. Or I’ve just seen the movie Marley & Me one too many times.
- Take Max on more walks. I will admit that I am not always consistent with walking Max in the winter, so I want to take full advantage of our walks this summer. But with plenty of water for all three of us, of course!
- Stay consistent with being fit, and do a lot of exercising outside. This sort of fits with bullet #2 but I think that once the cooler air comes around (dare I say it) I will be regretting every moment I didn’t spend outside.
- Get a really fun pool inflatable. We may not own a pool yet, but I have been getting a kick out of seeing all of the pizza slices, swans, doughnuts and pineapples out on the market. Maybe I will buy one and take it with to Florida.
- Go camping. We went tent camping with a group of friends last summer and it was so much fun. We didn’t do a whole lot of stargazing, though, so if we go back that is a must! Hey, it’s the simple things in life, right?
- Host a movie night outside on a big screen. I’m not sure how this is going to work, but I’m determined you guys. We have a pretty generous backyard so I’m hoping we can make it happen.
- Host a birthday party for Max. I plan on doing a post soon on Max’s 1st birthday from last year. It wasn’t a full-fledged party, but it was close: I made him a hat, I baked him a cake and we bought him gifts. Are you surprised? This year I want to invite a couple of our friends over (pups included) and have a fun little get-together. Don’t judge.
- Don’t get any crazy tan lines. I am in a wedding next spring and I cannot. get. horrendous. tan. lines.
- Read a few good books. My book-reading game is always up and down. It’s sometimes hard for me to get my daily reading of the Bible in, plus miscellaneous books. I have started a handful and haven’t been able to finish them.
- Make a ton of different popsicles. I have seen so many fun recipes on Pinterest for humans and dogs, I’ve been dying to try them. My mom used to make popsicles all of the time growing up (fudgicles were my fave) and I want to keep that tradition alive. And I’m just being fat. Doesn’t go too well with bullet #3 and staying fit.
- Learn how to make a variety of lemonades. Nothing screams summer like a good ‘ol lemonade.
- Limit screen time. This is an essential, not just for summer. I work on a computer screen 8 hours a day, plus I check social media like the average millennial but I would like to break the habit of feeling the need to do it all of the time.
- Go fishing with Ryan & his dad. Usually, this is sacred man time, but I would like to tag along every once in a while.
- Go to a drive-in theater. I grew up going to these on the weekends, but I would love to go to one this summer! It’s been years. And I’m fairly certain I can bring Max, which is always a plus.
- Go to flea markets and/or garage sales. We all know you can find some pretty amazing things at these and who doesn’t love a good DIY from flea market finds?
- Try a ton of fun foods at Disney World. I have been saving pins of drool-worthy foods at Disney. I would say I’m a foodie, but again it might just be code for being fat.
- Fireworks. I cringe at the thought, but yes there have been some summers I have stayed home and not gone for the 4th. Last year I believe we stayed mainly because Max was having a panic attack with our neighbors lighting things off.
- Go for picnics. Eating and being outside seem to be a theme on this list.
- See a show/production. One year for my birthday (in August) my husband took me to see Beauty and the Beast. It was a smaller production in the city, but it was so much fun! And who doesn’t love a nice warm summer day in the city?
That about wraps up my list. I can’t think of anything else, but I will be sure to update. 🙂
Do you have a bucket list for summer? Anything you are excited about trying or experiencing for the first time?